Wednesday, October 17, 2018

can a compound bow kill a human

Image result for can a compound bow kill a human

So, recently i've had an urge to go out and buy a longbow, so i did. It's a 54" bow with a 36# (pounds) pull. I've been practicing with it, and i'm finding that i'm quite good with it, almost natural.


With all the stuff around me hitting the fan, I was thinking, in a post-apocalyptic world (like after an EMP or something), would a bow like this be good enough to kill someone? I'm not arguing if there will be a post-apocalyptic world, just hypothetically. The reasoning for a bow as a weapon is because things like guns would be useless after a year or two without an incoming source of ammunition. Plus they are very noisy. I doubt most people have a silencer or a sniper rifle, atleast not in my area. And with bows, i could just go into the woods to find decent sticks to mold them into arrows. 

So would a bow like the one i have be a good enough defense against a cannibal trying to kill me and steal my food, assuming i have the high ground? I watched some videos of people hunting game with bows and one of the thing i noticed is that the arrow doesn't go very deep, only a few centimeters at most (but still kills them). Would this be a problem against a human? 


I'm all about the bows although I dont know much about them. If your worried about penetration just buy a better bow with more kick to it or a crossbow for that matter. Then again will an arrow penetrate a bullet proof vest? Idk. Either way bows are relatively silent and have advantages when it comes to making or retrieving ammunition. I don't think I'd rely only on a bow for self defense though. I would say use the bow for hunting, buy a gun n save the ammo for close encounters with cannibals 
, when your out of ammo revert to bow, when out of arrows use a knife, when your knife is gone, kiss your a** goodbye. Overall I would recommend staying away from peeps you dont know or who you think might want to take your things by force, not worth the fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment